International Workshop on Recent Advances in Smart Systems with Trends (REST 2021)
To be held at ICECI 2021.
Ritu Chauhan, Amity University, India
Harleen Kaur, Jamia Hamdard University, India
Over the time, researchers and scientists have promoted the development of smart cities. Moreover, the aim is to transform current business models and enhance human lifestyles. With the current pace of potential research, Smart cities will soon find many new horizons to touch. Smart cities development with IoT is now providing a base of technological advancement in various realms such as pervasive healthcare, smart homes, smart cities, connected logistics, automated supply chain, manufacturing units, and many more. IoT is also paving the path for the emergence of the digital revolution in industrial technology, termed Industry 4.0.
The workshop is inclusively demonstrating the need of time where the researchers will contribute from varied application domains. To keep abreast with this development, it is an effort to bring the recent advances in smart cities with intelligent computing and its emerging applications in a cohesive manner. The main objective is to bring most of the major developments in the above mentioned area in a precise manner, so that it can serve as a platform for many researchers. I trust and hope that this workshop will help the researchers, who have interest in smart cities analysis and computational intelligence, to keep insight into recent advances and their importance in real life applications.
We invite all researchers, scientists and practitioners to share their interesting research, ideas, experience and results. The major topics related
Particular topics of interest include:
Topic 1: Theoretical Foundation of Smart Cities
• Analytical modeling for Smart Cities
• Genetic algorithm, neural network, swarm intelligence
• Data science and foundations, analytics, visualization
• Machine learning for Smart Cities
• Hybridization intelligent techniques for Smart Cities Development
Topic 2: Tool for Smart Cities Transformation
• Cloud computing, parallel and distributed architecture for Smart Cities
• Data-driven innovation and integration
• Computing, scheduling and resource management for sustainability
• High performance computing and optimization, high performance data transfer and ingestion
• Software and tools for Development
• Service oriented architecture and implementation, data security
• Energy efficiency for data-intensive computing
Topic 3: Smart city development as an ICT-driven approach
• Emerging technological trends using ICT approach
• Need in digital era of data: Volume, velocity, and variety
• Sustainable Smart cities development: Smart Case studies
• Improving the air quality
• Promotion of new viable smart cities Technology
• Facilitating the improvised architecture for Smart Cities development
Topic 4: IoT for smart Cities development
• Need of IoT: Smart cities development
• IotT smart grid
• IoT for smart healthcare
• IoT for sustainable development
• IoT tool and analysis for overall development
Paper submission: 26 September 2021
Notification deadline: 24 October 2021
Camera Ready: 21 November 2021
Accepted and presented technical papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library. Workshop Papers will be published as a part of the (EAI ICECI 2021) Conference Proceedings. Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
We invite workshop participation through contributions that respond to one or more of the mentioned research questions in 12 pages for a regular paper or 6 pages for an industry paper. Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).